Manor College - Year 2018 In Review
January 5, 2019
Manor College released a statement this week detailing accomplishments during 2018.
Among the items cited by the Jenkintown college, quoting the statement, were:
• "Announced that students could now “Soar in 4,” introducing 15 all-new four year bachelor degree programs
• Added men and women’s Cross Country to its athletic offerings
• Launched the Military History Institute
• Was selected for the second cohort of the Foster Care to College Program through The Field Center
• Held a Ukrainian Dialogue on ending Russia’s War in Ukraine with featured speaker Kyle Parker, Executive Director of the Helsinki Commission
•The Manor College Alumni Association was officially chartered and elected its first slate of board members
•Our baseball team played for the first time in 2018
• Received HealthLink Dental Clinic’s Community Partner Award thanks to the work of the Dental Hygiene Program
• Became a smoke-free campus!
• Had its largest-ever New Student Orientation in August
• Hosted a Ukrainian dialogue on “Hacking and the New Russia” featuring former U.S. Intelligence Officer Jack Thomas Tomarchio
• Commemorated the 85th anniversary of the Holodomor, the man-made famine in Soviet Ukraine from 1932 -1933 that killed millions of Ukrainians
• Hosted the Philadelphia premiere of the movie “Hunger for Truth: The Rhea Clyman Story,” and heard from the film’s director, Emmy-award winning Andrew Tkach
• On Giving Tuesday, Manor supported local attorney Paul Peters who ran for 12 hours straight, earning more than $5,000 for student scholarship
• Partnered with Widener University Delaware Law School, introducing “3 + 3” and Guaranteed Admissions programs for law school
• Was awarded Independence Blue Cross Foundation’s Safety Net grant, on behalf of the College Dental Center’s important community work"
The logo of Manor College is provided courtesy of the College.