Weather Update From
Cheltenham Township Emergency Management
January 19, 2019
Comments from this morning from the Cheltenham Township Emergency Management Department:
"Here's what we just got from our friends at Montgomery County Public Safety.
1. A slight change in the storm track has cause a decrease in snow totals. Northern Montgomery County remains in a Winter Storm Watch.
2. Snow will begin Saturday afternoon and will be followed by a period of possible freezing rain. Temperatures will increase through Saturday night accompanied by heavy rain into Sunday morning. As the storm system move east it will be replaced by strong winds and a rapid decrease in temperature which could cause a flash freeze through Sunday into Sunday night. Temperatures Monday will be in the low teens.
3. Snowfall forecast - 1 to 4 inches.
4. Icing Potential - Less than 1 tenth of an inch.
5. Prolonged precipitation in combination with a rapid drop in temperature and strong winds could create hazardous driving conditions and possible power outages.
6. Heavy rains may cause river, street and stream flooding."
Images are provided courtesy of Montgomery County through the Cheltenham Township Emergency Management Department, 2019.